Volunteer Opportunity: Virtual Madison HS STEM Outreach Event
Join Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and ACS Portland Section in a virtual meeting, with high school students from Madison High School, to help inspire the next generation of STEM students. Madison has the 2nd highest diversity rate in the Portland area. This is a great opportunity to help the next generation by showing what diversity or under represented group in STEM you are a part of. Let's come together and show the next generation that they all belong in STEM, just like you do. You don't have to be a SWE member to volunteer for this event.
Volunteers will be expected to attend at least one of the three virtual times we are meeting with the high school students. The times are as follows:
* Thursday, February 25th from 10:40 am to 11:55 am
* Friday, February 26th from 9:15 am to 10:30 am
* Friday, February 26th from 10:40 am to 11:55 am
* Lead discussions and games
* Share their experiences in STEM
* Inspire young minds
* Answer questions from students
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out this form.
See also the information flyer.